Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thanks Haze XXL.....

For a good part of 30 years I've been carefully finding Music worth listening to... finding lots of pap and crap but lots and lots of gems as well.....

...the biggest damn problem is finding good music... and its usually the hard way - talking to friends, listening to stuff at parties, going in blind to live shows, almost never finding anything good recommended by the big labels.

I went nanners.....At one point I was even wring reviews of my favorite stuff and doing a show with a really cool guy at the campus radio station CKUR.....I used to mail order all kinds of stuff - usually from bands that posted demos in MRR or stuff that Dave down at Records on Wheels recommended (I still owe him big for hooking me up with "It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back") and that was a great way to find neat new musics, but it takes time and as I got busier and busier the mail order dropped off....

Eventually I was getting into a pretty stale rut and I actually was buying from Columbia House for a while. My ears got so full of poo that I didn't even realize something was wrong.

Well... about 10 years ago my marriage went to stink and I started listening to my old LPs again, and Holy S#!T! It was like plugging in a leaf blower!

Fortunately my friend Regan hooks me up with a best of Metal CD every year and I now have the ability to check out music online on all kinds of sites.....its a whole new world out there now.... but its still a jungle with dung clinging to every corner, so here I go....I'm going to listen the music and if its worth listening to I'm going to post it here and tell you why...

So thanks Haze for motivating me to start sharing and hopefully help other folks sift through the mounds of crap out there for the shiny sparkles of solid uranium.

No comments: